Business Intelligence Solution Architect
Business Intelligence Solution Architect
The Business Intelligence Solution Architect will drive significant service (and license) opportunities by establishing compelling value propositions to prospects through probing and articulating exciting approaches to solve BI needs, partnering with vendor sales team as appropriate. Develop an in-depth understanding of the prospect’s data, systems and business and frame solution concepts, demonstrations, or proof of concepts that establish a call to action. Structure and author the design and scope of the professional services balancing the goals of the customer, needs of the vendor and CTI delivery feasibility. Continuously engage with large potential accounts to ensure exceptional customer satisfaction. Understand organizational, political and financial levers to optimize CTI’s position and expand relationships and opportunities within the client’s business. Mentors and may develop staff, establishing professional goals and reviewing performance. Operates with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Provide senior level pre-sales support to CTI Sales Executives on BI related opportunities. Build and deliver an engaging product demonstration tailored to customer objectives. As needed demonstrate knowledge of competitor’s products and position CTI successfully against the competition.
- Assess customer needs, explain and propose high level architectures and appropriate technology solutions. Address the majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, and general feature / functionality of products.
- Sell the value of the CTI professional services organization and provide accurate estimates for consulting services including the quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement projects.
- Work closely with CTI Sales Executives:
- To generate business development opportunities through planning and delivering BI marketing/training events.
- To Identify and cultivate leads in current and newly identified accounts.
- To develop and close deals.
- To establish CTI as the Trusted Advisor with customers.
- Partner with vendor sales representatives to engage and demonstrate CTI’s value.
- Drive services business by developing customer relationships and obtain additional consulting assignments at existing accounts.
- Take responsibility and ownership for the business intelligence architecture, technical and data resource requirements, and all deliverables related to a pre-sales opportunity.
- Work with delivery team to create and kick-off a project plan ensuring all roles are staffed properly.
- Conduct periodic status checks with customers and team to assess progress against the schedule.
- Train users for the purpose of expanding business relationships.
- Keep abreast of new developments from partners and competition to provide competitive responses.
- Assist Sales Representatives in tracking active clients’ potential interest in new products and solutions available through CTI, and assist in developing company responses to competitive threats.
- Identify and evaluate technology, tools and products to be incorporated into solution offerings.
- Act as escalation point for post-sales and post implementation support issues.
- Ensure time is entered into CTI project accounting system in a timely manner
- Flexibility to travel as business dictates
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment:
Education and Work Experience:
- BS or MS degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related discipline.
- Ten plus years’ experience with business intelligence, ETL and database tools with a thorough understanding of dimensional modeling and relevant data concepts.
- At least 5 years of working in a consulting capacity.
Specialized knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of development methodologies, QA fundamentals, and project management.
- Highly articulate in 3 or more business domains (supply-chain, CRM, etc.).
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Excellent consultative skills, including analysis, influencing, negotiation, account management, and relationship building.
- Demonstrated ability to identify new business opportunities and serve effectively as liaison between CTI and customer.
- Excellent writing and editing skills needed for white papers, proposals, and transferring information to customers and individuals involved in projects.
- Must have a high level of initiative and sound independent judgment.