Data security has become an incredibly complex effort with the threat landscape growing and evolving quickly. It’s no longer enough to protect the network – effective IT security must involve security for data, endpoints, and web application security as well.
The implications and costs of security breaches are front-page news and encompass everything from loss of jobs, to loss of revenue, to PR nightmares. As the volume and proliferation of data—from cloud to mobile to social to machine—continues to grow, traditional security approaches no longer deliver safe harbor for sensitive data.
- Research cites conditions that will continue to challenge organizations in safeguarding their data and will also increase their responsibility for safeguarding their information
- Breaches continue to grow year over year (38%, PWC)
- Intellectual property thefts show significant growth (56%, PWC)
- Cost of data breaches is continually growing ($4M per incident, Ponemon)
- New privacy regulations (General Data Protection Act—GDPR)
- Boards are holding CEOs and executives responsible for breaches (NYSE survey)