We work with your cross-functional organization to create a Data Governance Plan that supports the business need to manage data as a strategic asset. Our approach to developing the plan considers the following elements:
The Data Governance Plan will be developed in alignment with business operations and address the following .
- Goals – Establish overarching goals for each area below.
- People – Define the key data-related roles throughout the organization.
- Data Inventory – Inventory and document all data sources.
- Data Content Management – Identify purposes for which data are collected. Communicate purposes to staff and customers.
- Data Records Management – Develop policies that define how records should be created, maintained, and deleted.
- Data Quality – Assign responsibility for data quality and audits to appropriate staff.
- Data Access – Define permissions and who has access to what systems.
- Data Security – Define policies around data security, sharing of data, access to data.
- Data Risk – Develop a risk assessment that defines the risk and the probability of occurrence.