Solution Architects are a senior technical resource and the solution expert for client engagements. They are responsible for the design of systems architectures, the design and scope of professional services, and the delivery of professional services to Corporate Technologiesí clients. The Solution Architect must have a complete understanding of the clientís business and technical requirements to design and develop a successful solution. The solution architect ensures the overall quality of the system architecture design, implementation, testing and deployment. This includes ensuring that the solution design and delivery meet the customerís business requirements. The solution architect also mentors other consultants on project teams and in presales activities. They participate in defining company processes, procedures, and best practices related to systems and solutions engineering. They operate independently with only high level direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.)
- Serve as senior level pre-sales support specialist to Sales Executives
- Sell the value of the CTI professional services organization and provide accurate estimates for consulting services including the quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement projects.
- Take responsibility and ownership for the technical architecture, technical resource requirements, and all technical deliverables related to a pre-sales opportunity.
- Establish CTI as the Trusted Advisor for IT in customer accounts.
Architecture and Technology
- Architect solutions or customize existing environments to meet customerís need.
- Perform audits, assessments, utilization studies, and security reviews
- Keep abreast of new developments from partners and competition to provide in competitive responses. Assist in tracking active clientsí potential interest in new products and solutions available through CTI, and assist in developing company responses to competitive threats.
- Identify and evaluate technology, tools and products to be incorporated into solution offerings and establish criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs.
- Respond to post-sales and post implementation technical support issues
- Provide technical guidance to other consultants and lead teams in the completion of complex engagement tasks or solutions. Review and approve client deliverables and technical strategies.
- Conduct periodic project reviews during and at the end of projects to assess project progress and to ensure client requirements are being met.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement to best practices and methodologies.
- Contribute to the creation of methodologies for service delivery and engineering procedures including presales processes, SOW development, engineering best practices, project estimation, project implementation, and project management.
- Act as liaison between customers and company
- Act as a mentor/role model for less experienced engineers
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment:
Qualifications and Experience
- B.S. or M.S. degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years minimum consulting experience in technology integration or related discipline.
- Specific experience in Storage & Server or Networking & Security or database deployment/migration projects
- Datacenter production experience in a corporate infrastructure
- Experience in architecting and design of complex enterprise solutions
- Experience in formulating customer proposals
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation, and project management skills.
- Must be willing to travel as business dictates, & flexibility in working hours
- NetApp, Cisco and NetScreen administration, consulting, or integration experience
- Experience with SAN, NAS, or DAS storage infrastructures. Specific experience with Sun, DotHill, Hitachi, StorageTek a plus. Experience with switching, routing, firewall, intrusion detection/prevention, and network load balancing infrastructures.
- Consulting experience with UNIX (Solaris or Linux) and security/networking technologies. Other operating Systems knowledge a plus
- Experience with storage software products for backup, replication, and virtualization from Veritas (NetBackup, SRM, APM), Sun, StorageTek, and other storage vendors a plus
- Experience with fabric switching solutions (Brocade, McData, or Cisco), SCSI-fiber bridges, cable management, and other production data center storage technologies a plus
- Experience in the following programming languages would be advantageous (C#, C, C++, Visual Basic, Java, Java Script, Perl, Active Perl, CGI, HTML) a plus.
- Oracle DBS
- MS SQL Server
- Experience with Database optimization and tuning
- Experience with Database consolidation
- Active Directory Integration
- Identity Management
- Additional consulting and technology experience with the following is a plus:
- Security and Networking assessment, audit, penetration testing, and benchmarking
- Anti-Virus, Anti-SPAM, and Host level intrusion prevention solutions
- Product experience from leading security and networking vendors such as; Enterasys, Check Point, F5, and RSA, Nokia, Symantec, Authentica, Imprivata
- Security focus with Operating Systems; Solaris, Linux (Redhat, SUSE, Debian), Windows
- Security focus with Applications such as; Apache, SMTP, Oracle, MySQL