OBIEE Consultant – Boston
We are seeking a Senior OBIEE consultant to play a lead role in our client engagements. You will function as an analyst, architect, implementer, and technical lead supporting our clients in the Northeast. You will possess a deep background in data warehouse design, data integration / ETL issues, and Oracle BI / reporting methods, with specific experiences in various industries or functional areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- At least 7 years in Business Intelligence solutions and 2 years applying OBIEE
- Collaborate with business users to capture and define business requirements
- Design, develop and implement OBIEE metadata/logical data models
- Design, develop and implement complex OBIEE user interface objects (e.g. reports, analytics, ad-hoc queries, dashboards, etc.)
- Design and support OBIEE security model
- Determine requirements for aggregate tables
- Experienced in Oracle BI EE (Multi User Development of Repositories (MUD)
- Experienced in OBIEE 11 and OBIEE 10 installation and development
- Troubleshoot performance issues of OBIEE environment and evaluate existing logic for tuning possibilities
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment:
Education and Work Experience:
- B.S. degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight plus years experience with business intelligence, ETL and database tools with a thorough understanding of dimensional modeling and relevant data concepts.
- At least 3 years of working in a consulting capacity.
Specialized knowledge and Skills:
- Strong proficiency of at least one business domain (supply-chain, CRM, etc.).
- Strong proficiency of development methodologies, QA fundamentals, and project management.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Strong communication and “client-facing” skills.